Spend your holiday exploring downtown Oklahoma City during the sixth annual Downtown in December winter celebration. This month-long adventure attracts nearly half a million revelers to the City’s 10-block polar playground. Festivities run through January 1.
Only in Downtown Oklahoma City can you experience the thrill of outdoor ice skating, exhilarating snow tubing rides down the nation's largest manmade slope, water taxi excursions along the winding Bricktown Canal, free museum Sundays, a magically-lit botanical garden, and plenty of holiday cheer for the entire family!
• Go extreme this winter - Snow Tubing at the Brick - the nation’s largest manmade snow tubing slope. Feel the wind in your face as you cruise down the hills at thrilling speeds. Open: Friday, Saturday & Sunday through December 16 and daily December 21 through January 1. (405) 218-1000.
• All aboard….for a free adventure cruise on a Bricktown Water Taxi during Holidays on the Canal. All ages will enjoy a fun-filled float down the beautifully adorned Bricktown canal. Open: 6-9:30pm every Thursday thru Sunday, through December 30. 234-8263.
• Ice skate in the shadow of Downtown Oklahoma City’s skyscrapers at the Ice Rink. Open: noon to 10pm daily through January 1, including holidays. 236-3640
• You and your family are invited to a day culture, art and history during Free Museum Sundays. Visit the Oklahoma City Museum of Art and the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum free every Sunday through December 30.
• Thousands of glimmering twinkles of light mingle together to create a dramatic, holiday paradise in the Myriad Botanical Gardens during Garden Lights. You are able to enjoy a vast view of colorful island plants, cozy Caribbean breezes and thousands of lights that create an enchanted garden of lights. Open: 9 to 6pm Monday though Saturday and noon to 6pm Sunday. (405) 297-3995
For a complete schedule of all Downtown activities and special events, log on to downtownindecember.com or call the hotline (405) 236-3640.
Current Issue | Previous Issues | Coupons | Keep Me Posted | Welcome | Information | Sports
Attractions | Local Area Maps | Radio Stations | Calendar of Events
Hotels & Motels | Shopping | Restaurants | Contact Us | Media Kit | Return Home
Copyright 2000-2007 KEY of Oklahoma, Inc. All Rights Reserved.